In a recent survey conducted by Savanta on behalf of the National Lottery Community Fund, a remarkable revelation surfaced—50% of adults in the UK are gearing up to embrace the spirit of giving back through volunteering in 2024. This surge in interest not only underscores a growing awareness of social responsibility but also presents a unique opportunity for individuals to make a tangible impact on their communities.
The Parish Trust recognises the significance of this survey and is excited to invite individuals to join us in harnessing this momentum for positive change. The survey mentioned that 1 in 10 adults are hoping to volunteer for the very first time.
Our big question is, are you one of them? We certainly hope so, as The Parish Trust is always on the lookout for volunteers to join our ever growing charity. We’re going through a unique time of momentous change as we seek to grow, and we need as many people as possible to help us in the next chapter of our journey.
Here are some of the impactful volunteering opportunities available:
- Call Handler – Connecting Communities: Work from the comfort of your home, taking phone calls from Service Users. Shifts from 9 am to 12pm, Monday-Friday, providing vital connections and support.
- Ticket Administrator – Streamlining Assistance: Manage online ticketing systems to confirm food parcels from home. Shifts available from 9 am to 3 pm, Monday-Friday, streamlining the process of providing essential assistance.
- Food Packer – Nourishing Communities: Pack food parcels at our charity HQ, contribute to cleanup, and support Bag A Bargain. Shifts from 4 pm to 7 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, actively nourishing communities in need.
- Delivery Driver – Bridging Gaps: Deliver food parcels to Service Users in CF83, using your own vehicle or The Parish Trust’s delivery van. Various shifts from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, bridging gaps in food accessibility.
- Delivery Assistant – Supportive Role: Assist Delivery Drivers in delivering food parcels to Service Users in CF83 without the need for driving. Shifts from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, providing valuable support.
- Food Collector – Community Connection: Collect food donations from specific locations and organize them at the charity HQ food hub. Regular shifts with various slots available, fostering community connections.
- Replenishment Worker – Sustaining Supplies: Contribute to putting away collected food in the charity HQ food hub. Regular shifts with various slots available, sustaining essential supplies.
- CARE Collector – Personalized Impact: Distribute collection leaflets, collect food donations, and deliver them to the charity HQ at your convenience, allowing for a personalized and impactful contribution.
- Community Garden Guardian – Green Oasis: Maintain the Community Garden at your convenience, creating a green oasis for the community to enjoy. No set shifts, offering flexibility to nurture community spaces.
- Events Helper – Community Celebration: Support various prearranged events organized by The Parish Trust, contributing to community celebrations. No set shifts, involvement occurs during prearranged events.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Community Unity: Strengthen the bonds within your community by actively participating in initiatives that address critical needs.
- Skill Enrichment: Develop and refine a diverse set of skills, enhancing your personal and professional growth.
- Social Impact: Be part of a collective effort that directly contributes to the well-being of individuals and families in your community.
- Personal Fulfillment: Experience the satisfaction that comes with knowing you’ve played a vital role in making a positive impact.
Join The Parish Trust in transforming intentions into actions and be a part of the positive change sweeping through communities. Together, let’s make 2024 the year of meaningful contributions and lasting impact.
Of further interest...
Dear friends, I write to you all as we