Organisation Overview: The Parish Trust is a registered charity dedicated to serving the community through various initiatives and projects. With a Christian ethos, the organisation strives to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals, families, and groups in need. The Parish Trust is on an exciting journey of growth and has become well known in its service area for meeting various needs, whether they be physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual. We work with the whole breadth of age ranges, and we are always looking to do new things that further our mission to see people living life in all its fullness.
Position Overview: The Parish Trust is seeking committed and passionate individuals to join its Board of Trustees. As a Charity Trustee, you will play a crucial role in guiding the strategic direction and governance of the organisation. The ideal candidate will have an active Christian faith and possess the necessary skills and experience to contribute effectively to the work of The Parish Trust.
We are particularly looking for people with skills or experience in:
- Legal matters
- Networking and strategy
There are currently two vacancies.
Type of Role: Voluntary
Time Commitment: The Board currently holds six regular business meetings in the calendar year, three meetings being online, and three in person. There may be extraordinary meetings, which will be arranged in mutual agreement with all Board members as and when they arise. To ensure the right candidates are appointed, the Board have committed to ensuring that all expenses are met for trustees who may need to travel to attend meetings in person.
- Provide strategic leadership and contribute to the development and implementation of The Parish Trust’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Attend regular board meetings and actively participate in discussions and decision-making processes.
- Act in the best interest of the charity, ensuring compliance with its governing documents, legal obligations, and relevant legislation.
- Contribute to the effective governance and financial management of The Parish Trust, including overseeing budgets, financial reports, and risk management.
- Collaborate with other trustees, staff members, and volunteers to support and promote the organisation’s programs and activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including donors, supporters, partner organisations, and community members.
- Utilise personal and professional networks to identify potential funding opportunities, sponsors, or partnerships to further the work of The Parish Trust.
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation, representing its values and principles at public events, meetings, and conferences.
- Active Christian Faith: The candidate must have a deep commitment to the Christian faith and demonstrate an active involvement in a Christian community.
- Alignment with Christian Ethos: The candidate should have a strong understanding and appreciation for The Parish Trust’s Christian ethos and be able to promote and uphold it in their role as a trustee.
- Leadership and Strategic Thinking: The candidate should possess strong leadership skills and the ability to think strategically, providing guidance and direction to the organisation.
- Governance and Legal Compliance: A sound understanding of charity governance and legal compliance within the context of British law or willingness to be trained in this area within the remit of a charity trustee is essential.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary, along with the ability to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Financial Acumen: Familiarity with financial management principles, budgeting, and financial reporting is desirable.
- Networking and Relationship Building: The candidate should be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with donors, supporters, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Commitment and Time Availability: Trustees are expected to dedicate a sufficient amount of time to fulfil their responsibilities effectively, attending regular board meetings and engaging in additional activities as required.
Please note: The requirement for an active Christian faith is necessary due to the Christian ethos of The Parish Trust and is in accordance with the charity’s governing documents and British law.
To express interest, please fill in the form. This does not commit you to becoming a trustee, but rather starts a conversation with the Board of Trustees about the possibility.