Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, we have important announcements to make regarding our provision of events and services, the ongoing care of our congregations and what we are planning to do to help our communities.
SERVICES AND EVENTS
I have decided to run a reduced service of events and worship services in the Parishes of Bedwas, Machen, Michaelston-y-Fedw and Rudry.
With immediate effect, all midweek services and events are cancelled in the parishes, and Sunday services in the parishes of Bedwas, Machen and Michaelston-y-Fedw are cancelled.
St. James’ Church in Rudry will continue to hold a weekly service at 9:30am every Sunday to which all welcome. EDIT 17/03/20: Services in Rudry have now been cancelled.
If you are particularly prone to illness or in a high-risk category, we urge you to follow Government advice and stay at home.
If you need to get in touch with us, please telephone us (02921 880 212) and select the relevant option, or send us an email.
HELPING OUR COMMUNITY
We are currently putting plans in place which will allow us to check on the most vulnerable in our communities and to offer them practical and pastoral support.
- Anyone can contact us via telephone or email if they need to talk to us and have a chat.
- Anyone who needs the services of a Minister can contact us to request them.
- We are planning to provide a service to provide food shopping services and/or food parcels to the most needy/isolated in our communities
- We are looking to help in the eventuality of people losing financial security due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
To monitor our progress on these issues, please follow the dedicated page on our website.
HOW CAN YOU HELP US?
There are a number of ways you can help:
- Please pray for those who are leading the churches at the moment.
- If you are a regular at church please continue to give your collection money so that we can continue to pay our bills and reach out to our community. If you currently put money in the collection plate or use an envelope, please consider using an alternative means to give such as standing order. If you need more information on how to do this, please contact us.
- If you are able, please consider giving financially to the Parish Trust which is a charity aimed at reaching out to our community. You are able to give online (and Giftaid your donation if you are a taxpayer) by clicking here.
- If you are fit and able, you may want to offer yourself to volunteer with us once our plans are ready to be put in action (such as telephoning people to ensure they’re OK, delivering food etc.) If this is you, please contact us letting us know your name, contact details, and the ways in which you’d like to offer your help.
Please be assured of my love and prayers. We must be a people of faith and not fear. Continue to keep your eyes open for updates from me and our churches, and remember to look out for one another and be sensible.
Rev. Dean Aaron Roberts
Rector & Vicar